Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Is It Just Me...?

As I have caught yet another cold and I sit at my computer, struggling to make my eyes focus on the monitor, a thought occurred to me. Am I alone in my strangeness when I'm sick? And yes I know I'm generally strange anyway, but this strangeness is related to my eyes. When I get sick, my pupils become extremely dialated. And fixed. Light levels don't really affect them. The sicker I get the bigger they get. And we're talking huge here people. Over Christmas when I was sick there were times when I only had a couple millimeters of iris showing. Nathan says I look freaky when that happens. And of course, it makes it almost impossible to focus on anything and makes me a little trippy. Does anyone else out there experience this or is it just me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a special case. Others may have a little bit of your dilating problem, but I've never seen it as bad as yours. Maybe you should mention it to the optometrist next time you see him.