Wednesday, August 08, 2007

More Folk Fest and Yard Work


Okay, so I'm a bit late to report on the rest of the Folk Fest. But better late than never!

It was freaking awesome. That's pretty much all there is to say. I heard a lot of groups that I either bought cds for or their cds are on my birthday list. Great Big Sea was fantastic on Saturday night. They are just the best group to see live. So much fun. It was a tad too hot though, and I ended up with heat rash and heat exhaustion after Saturday. I was still feeling crappy on Sunday, so we didn't end up going at all that day but it was still a wonderful way to spend a weekend.
Nathan performing in a workshop session on Saturday. And I mean the band Nathan, not my husband Nathan. =D




Ahhh.... Good times, good times. That's kettle corn that Nathan's eating. It was a great weekend, even more so because we both got a break from yard work. The yard is such a huge undertaking that we were both feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed by it..... Okay, it was mostly me feeling discouraged and overwhelmed (not to mention cranky!). But we've made quite a bit of progress since then and I feel better about it. The end is in sight. We should be able to finish the hardscaping before the fall gets too advanced. The problem with home improvement projects in summer, is that there's always something else going on, somewhere else to be, something else to do. Ah well, we'll get 'er done eventually. Go to our Picasa site to see the updated photos.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Ahhh, it looks so good, guys!!! Good job!!!! Miss you!