Saturday, August 25, 2007

Because I'm a big geek....

So this week at work I've been a big geek. BIIIIIIG GEEK! For those who don't know, right now I'm working on the expansion to Chinook Centre (yes, they're expanding again, taking out the Shell station). One of the typical things that we have to have on our mechanical drawings is a detail for the water meter room. This is where the city services enter the building, where the water meter is and all other manner of things. Traditionally, this has been a (boring) schematic drawing that just gets tweaked with each job.

For fun, the project manager and I thought we'd try and do a 3D piping layout for the water meter room, in addition to the plain jane schematic. Well! It wasn't overly hard and it looks fantastic, if I do say so myself! I was so disproportionately happy with it that it was kind of weird. I had to show it off to all my co-workers and now I have to blog about it. I can't help it though! It is so satisfying. I think I have finally come to realize that I'm a big AutoCAD geek and it pleases me to no end when I can do things like this.

Anyway, here it is. And yes, those walls are transparent! Aren't I great? I've got a print out at home, complete with notes, if anyone wants to see it..... =D

2 comments:

Gillian said...

That IS pretty awesome!!! YAY YOU! I can't believe they're expanding again! I may have to move back ;)

Queen of Swords said...

It doesn't make you a big AutoCAD geek! It means you're proud of your work! There's nothing wrong with that. Now, if you were a big AutoCAD geek, you'd help me redesign the useless closet in AutoCAD... ;)