Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beauty and the Bathroom

Hmmm.... Now here is something I just don't get. Okay, maybe I do get it, but I can still be irritated by it. I recently went and purchased an actual beauty product. Not just your off the shelf, London Drugs special, but a tiny bottle of face lotion that cost $22. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the lotion! It's wonderful and doing exactly what it said it would do and my face feels great. But here's the thing. Why is it that fancy beauty products usually say "Apply generously" in the instructions? Do we really need to apply generously? Or is it just a ploy to get us to spend even more money on their little bottles, because we use them up twice as fast? So while I love the new lotion I got and I will probably keep buying it, I just don't quite know how much I should actually be using....

As for the bathroom, I was equally perplexed by the the plumbing at the cabin that my Mom and Dad, Vanessa, Mike, Nathan and I stayed at last weekend. The pipes were reversed for some sinks and not for others. So you get hot water coming out the cold tap and vice versa. This, in itself, isn't so bad. It was the toilet that got me. Hot water in the toilet. Water hot enough that you feel the heat and condensation almost the moment you sit down. That was just weird, not to mention kind of gross. Nobody wants a foggy bum. The owner of the place said it sped up the decay process in the septic tank. I suppose this is a good reason, but I really have to wonder if he's saving any time or money, what with having to heat up water for all the toilets.

On another bathroom note, I recently learned that you're not supposed to keep makeup in the bathroom. Something about the heat and steam is not good for it. So are we all supposed to have a powder room? I was looking around my little house, and I can't think of any place that I could keep my makeup other than the bathroom. Of course, seeing how I've done this for 10 years or so already, I don't really think it makes much of a difference. So I will continue to store my makeup in my bathroom, consequences be damned!!

And now for something completely different...

I got a push mower at Lee Valley yesterday and gave it a whirl today. It's awesome! I love it! No more cranky gas mower!! Yea!!

Nathan and I picked up our engagement photos on Thursday. They're awesome! I love them! Not entirely sure if we're going to send them out to people since it's kind of close to the wedding, but they're just great to have anyway!

No comments: