Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Adventures in Waxing

So this past Saturday was my first professional wax. I got a 1/2 leg and underarm wax. Now, I've always been a shaver. I have dabbled in a few of the home waxing kits and found the entire experience painful and not at all rewarding. I always ended up hurting myself AND having hairy legs.

I have to say that the professional wax was much better. It didn't hurt that much and I would say probably 90% of my hair was removed. All in all, quite a satisfactory event. Of course, that was before my armpits swelled up and became all red and blotchy! I have never had such sore armpits before!! Any contact with other skin or pulling or rubbing was complete agony! Sunday I couldn't wear deodorant because it stung so much. And of course, me being the clever person that I am, when I noticed an unappealing odor, my first thought was to spray perfume on my armpits. Ouch. Not so smart. Nathan was laughing at me about all this. Not really laughin out loud, but I know he was on the inside. The comment about me actually having paid someone to do this to me gave him away. =D Oh well. The swelling has gone down down and they're just a bit red. And completely hairless.

No comments: