Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great City

So I have recently re-discovered one of the things that makes Calgary a great city to live and work in.
I was walking downtown last week, last Thursday to be exact. Thursday was our big spring snow dump of about a 1/2m. I was walking through the +15s back from a meeting which is something I rarely do. It just takes far too long and I'm sure you walk twice as far. Anyway, I saw dozens of professionals wearing their dress pants, dress shoes, ties, and... Flames jerseys. Thursday was our second game of the playoffs. Now, not having worked in a downtown anywhere else, I can't really compare, but I think this is pretty cool. That professionals can wear a sports jersey to work and no one would say two peeps about "dress code". I think that's awesome. It also makes me feel like Calgary is more a community rather than a city of more than a million. It just seems a small town thing to me, supporting your team. Maybe that's just me. But anyway, yay for all the oil companies down here for letting their employees show their team spirit.
GO FLAMES GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At my school many staff members, including the vice principal, wear their Flames jerseys with pride!