Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I figured it out!

I think I've figured out the secret as to why the French people are not plagued with obesity like the North American populace.

It's the stairs.

Stairs up and down and up and down to get to the metro, stairs in the churches, stairs in the hotels and apartement buildings, stairs in the double decker trains and buses. Stairs everywhere! And not only do they all take the stairs, if there happens to be an escalator, they walk up those too. Or run.

My right knee is protesting a bit at all the stairs, but I think it's getting used to it. At least that's what I tell myself. It also helps that I get rewarded with panoramic views of Paris from Notre Dame or Monmarte, or creepy views of ossuaries in the catacombs of Paris. I think the stairs are worth it. I also think my butt is getting skinnier....

No comments: