Monday, November 20, 2006

Grating, really....

Ha ha. I had to put in the pun.

I was making pizza for dinner yesterday and (I'm sure you can all see where this is going) I decided to grate the cheese by hand instead of using my Moulinex. Well. That was just a bad idea. I neatly grated into my thumb and cut a nice, deep 'v' shaped cut in the tip, and grated straight through the middle of my nail about a 1/3 of the way down. There were some choice words said. Don't worry, no bits of Sheila made it into the pizza! Now it just hurts and is at that weird stage where it's not bleeding, but it catches on pretty much everything which hurts like the dickens. Ick.

Anyway,

I'm getting pretty excited about going to Vegas next week for Autodesk University. There was a live webcast this afternoon for newbies, which was very helpful and made me even more excited! Whee!!! It'll be weird to travel by myself again though. I haven't done it since Australia which was 8 years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch... know how you feel.

What's the weather like in Vegas these days?

Love, Mom

Sheila said...

Forecast for Vegas next week: 20 C and sunny. Woo Hoo!!

Queen of Swords said...

Okay, ouch... I do all my grating by hand, but have yet to do this to myself. We had pizza on Tuesday! As it was cooking, and I started to smell the dough, the sauce, and the cheese, I felt it was time for Wonderful World of Disney! Funny the things that stick with you... Have fun in Vegas!