Friday, November 17, 2006

Crazyness anyone?

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the sales person at Cedarglen. She just wanted to write a quick note to let us know that they are releasing the final phase of our houses (semi-detatched) and if we wanted to refer anyone to them, etc.

The thing that got me though was the starting price: $320,000.

I was completely floored. I had to go to Cedarglen's website this morning to see if they had changed the size or if it was gold plated or something. Nope. Exactly the same floorplan and size.

So in about a year and a half, Nathan and I have made about $135,000 on our house. Which doesn't do us much good unless we want to move out of Calgary. But it's a comforting thought nonetheless.

So I must give thanks to the Impatience Fairies for making me push to get a house last summer. If we had waited until this year, I'm pretty sure we would have been screwed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw an article today in the Herald that said in 2006 the average new house price in Calgary is $355,000 and in 2007 it'll be... wait for it... $488,000.

Yup, crazyness indeed....

Brad

Apartment Girl said...

I was looking on MLS at house prices in New Brunswick.
6 Acres of land, 4 bedroom Victorian mansion with greenhouse AND pool....
$140,000.
And I paid $158,00 for 500 sq.ft!!!
I'm moving!!!