Friday, August 21, 2009

One Week!

So now we're officially down to the wire I guess! One week to go. Unless Bean's late of course. Nathan's hoping it will be typically Danish and be punctual. =D

We finally got the last piece of furniture for Bean's room, so once we get everything sorted out and things on the walls, I'll take pictures and post them for all to see. I think it looks really cute. Hopefully Bean likes it.

Still doing okay, I guess. I'm pretty much done with being pregnant though. Done with all the aches and pains and awkwardness and inflexibility and exhaustion. Everyone says to me "Oh it just gets worse from here on in" and "Just wait until you have the baby". Umm... Well, I can certainly see that things aren't going to be a walk in the park after I have Bean, but somehow I think having my own body back and knowing my own physical limitations again will make it easier for me to cope with all the new stuff. It's just exceedingly frustrating to see things that need to be done (or that I WANT to get done) and to not be able to do them because I can't bend that way or I need to have a nap.

In other news, Gillian came over last week and took some preggie photos of me, Nathan and Ghost, so I should be able to post some of those soon. It's weird. Since becoming pregnant, I'm not at all self conscious about my body. I could care less really. I'm happy to sit around in my shorts and bikini top with my big ol' belly hanging out, and don't really care who happens to see me. I'm sure I'll go back to being way to critical of myself once this is over, but hopefully I can remember what it's like to not care and hang onto that feeling. It's really quite liberating.

I also bought myself a sewing machine. It's the shit! =D I got a little Brother CE-5000. It's just the right mix of new fancy-dancy technology and old school mechanical. I've hemmed some curtains with it and it's great. I still can't sew in a straight line to save my life, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice. And for less than $200, really, I can't go wrong. I'm especially pumped about the invisible seam stitch, since I usually have to end up hemming pants for work. I can't wait to see how it works, though I suppose I don't really need to buy new work clothes for a while yet.

Anyways, I guess that's all for now. Cross your fingers for a punctual Danish Bean!

No comments: