Monday, May 01, 2006

The Wonderful World of Weeds & Construction

I can't believe how many weeds have sprouted up in our backyard in the past 2 weeks. I must get some Round-up and go on a rampage (on a non-windy day, of course). I also can't believe that they're tearing up chunks of curb and sidewalks in our neighbourhood already. There was a memo attached to our door on Saturday saying that we had to have our vehicle off the street by 7 am every day until the 22nd of May. I really can't see anything wrong with some of the sections that they have marked. Ah, the joys of living in a construction zone..... On the plus side, I think all of the lots on our block will be finished this year, so hopefully there will be less construction noise and dirt. They've also started on finished the loop road in our neighbourhood, so soon I won't have to walk 15 minutes to catch the bus! Yea!!!

2 comments:

Queen of Swords said...

Trust me, construction is never-ending... I thought that when I lived in a new neighbourhood too! :D But hopefully you'll have peace in a year or two.

Kirsten said...

My husband's also having an ongoing battle with weeds. I think we're going to end up calling Nutri-Lawn or Enviro-Care for their organic lawn treatment. We spent hours digging up weeds, and a week later, tons had grown back! Arrrgggh!