Tuesday, February 05, 2008

We live where?

This is what I don't get. Calgary has been experiencing a rather nasty cold snap. Fine. This is Canada in January. It's to be expected. What I don't get is that there are business people walking around downtown in thin coats, no hat, no gloves, no scarves, no boots. Are they insane????? When it's -50C with the windchill, I just don't care if I've got hat hair. Are these people so self conscious that they just can't bear to be seen in winter clothing? And these days winter clothing is cool. We have snowboarding to thank for that. I remember when I was a teenager, I wouldn't be caught dead in things like winter boots with my pants tucked in. But now I actually see teens wearing snow pants when it's cold out. So why can't adults (who are supposed to be much more secure and clever than teens) dress for the weather? WE LIVE IN CANADA!!!!! Sheesh.

No comments: