Saturday, October 27, 2007

To give everyone a boost...

Hi all,

I've recently become addicted to this song, "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. I first heard it on that Pantene commercial, and since then I can't stop listening to it. I find it very uplifting. Every time I'm having a bad day or I'm feeling a little down about my life, it always gives me a boost and reminds me that its my life and I can live it however the heck I want.

Then, I found the video for it on YouTube. It's so cute! I'm having a little trouble reconciling the end of it, so any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated!

Anyway, have a listen. I hope it encourages you as much as it does me.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hmm... I just watched the video again. Maybe the little book falling and falling apart signifies the end of a "life". But if you live your life well, the way you want, parts of it will touch other people. Nathan gave me a similar thoery last night, and I think he was right. Any other interpretations?

Anonymous said...

Here's my peculiarly philosophical take on it...

She spends her life attaining a goal, something that always seems out of reach, and travels through all the trials of the seasons of her life, hence the progression in the book cover from spring through to winter.

When she finally attains the goal her physical representation, the book, has no more purpose. I also see the book representing the artifice we 'write' about ourselves and present to the world, which dissolves upon our death.

I like your idea about part of your life touching others - after your physical form is gone, those 'touches' are all that is left behind.

Not too uplifting perhaps for most, but you could look at it as a way of ensuring each moment in your life in this world is worthwhile, that every time you touch the life of another you leave a good impression, kind word, and a loving hug...

...hugs...
Heather