Friday, March 16, 2007

Rest In Peace

It is with heavy heart that I must announce the passing of my dear friend, Strawberry Blue Viking. (For those of you that don't remember, SBV is my ipod)

SBV passed away suddenly on Wednesday night. He was an innocent, caught in the crossfire of a floor and a badminton net pole. For clarity: I hung my coat with SBV in the pocket on a badminton net pole at the university. Said pole promptly fell over with a crash to the floor.

I did not discover this tragedy until this morning, when I whipped out my trusty friend on the bus and discovered one of the headphones was cracked. Disappointing, but replaceable. Then I looked at the screen. A mess of broken digital inkiness. Sigh... So I had to listen to the lady with the bubbly belly laugh all the way downtown.

Time to shop for a new friend I guess... and quick. I can't stand that lady's laugh.

3 comments:

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen of Swords said...

Oh no! :( Poor SBV... Have you checked the inside of your jacket for any leakage? What will you call your new friend?

Apartment Girl said...

Awww, it's sad when our beloved technology passes on. Good luck finding an SBV2!!!